Thursday, June 16, 2011


Paradise

Promise of a better life
Awaiting
Redemption from corruption
Ascending
Death overcome, replaced by
Immortality
Sacrifice of innocent blood
Eternity acquired

© 2005 Karl Becker

Fatherhood
 
Foundations to build
Answers to provide
Tempered by wisdom, acquired through
Hardship.
Endurance and faith
Redeem mistakes made in love,
However misguided,
Overbearing or paranoid.
Only through trial and error
Do we successfully lead.
 
© 2005 Karl Becker

Malaria

M osquito-borne parasite that infects
A nother innocent every thirty seconds
L aying waste to life
A ltering the natural order
R endering childhood terminal
I nterrupting eventual
A dulthood

© 2008 Karl Becker

Communicate!

Call your mother! - my heart cries
Out – it’s been
Months since we’ve talked –
Miles of distance between
Us preventing face to face
Never mind the awkward silences
Interfering with our hearts’ desires
Call before
Another day expires
Turning months into years
Eternity

© 2008 Karl Becker


Infantile Behavior

I understand your
Need to
Feel you have
A sense of humor
Now
Tell me what you plan to do when
I
Lose my
Even temper
 
© 2009 Karl Becker

No comments:

Post a Comment